How can I reduce the high kalium levels in my blood ? can i reduce the high kalium in my blood
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Thanks for query,
Kalium you mean potassium?
If you have hyper kalamia,one should find out the cause of hyper kalamia.
It is common with kidney impairment.
So reduction of potassium depends upon the disease you have.
If it is mild it can be reduced at home,but if it is more one should be hospitalized.
Take low potassium diet,
Take sodium bi carbonate to counter effect of potassium,
Stop medicine causing potassium deposition.
Take some diuretic.
ok and bye.
Radiologist Dr. Pranav's  Response
Please mention your age so that its easy to point out the causes.

If you are having high blood potassium then u could be suffering from Kidney or adrenal dysfunction or taking some drugs that cause it.

Diet which you shd avoid ---Wholemeal bread, wholemeal rolls, wheatmeal biscuits, muesli, tinned spaghetti, cabbage (in coleslaw), gherkin, lettuce, onion, olives, tomato,Baked beans, red kidney beans, mushrooms, potato > twice per day, Apricots, bananas, custard apples, dates, figs, grapes, kiwi fruit, fresh peaches,rockmelon, rhubarb, tomato juice,Too much milk, cheese and yogurt, Chocolate, nuts, licorice, toffee & cocoa.

Hope this solves your query.

Please note both High & low Kalium are dangerous so you shd get regular blood testing & be in communication with your physician.