Home pregnancy test positive. Had severe cramping, gush of blood. Was it a miscarriage?

i tested with a home pregnancy test and both came up positive with a light blue line it was faint. i was suppose to recieve my period the 24th of this month. now today i have had serve cramping for about ten mins then right after i felt a gush of blood . i bleed through my pants i got home sat on toliet and felt more come out. after the serve cramping and the gush i felt no cramping at im slightly cramping and bleeding a little. is this a misscarraige or a period?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012