History of salivary gland removal. Have sore tongue, pus discharge from surgery site, painful. What could this be?

I might have bitten my tongue in my sleep. About 15 yrs ago, I had my salivary gland on the left side of my tongue removed. I recently woke up with a very sore tongue. It hurt to eat, sneeze, cough and talk. the bridge that holds my tongue to the bottom of my jaw is swollen and almost in a bubble. yesterday, I noticed a two small holes that I had already had leftover from my surgery was leaking pus. if I apply pressure more pus comes out. I have been using listerine and salt water gargle. the pain is unbelievable. nothing seems to help. what could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013