Papillary cancer in the right thyroid, total thyroidectomy, Sialothiasis, drooping of submandibular gland. Related to cancer or thyroidectomy?

I had papillary cancer in the right thyroid. I ended up with a total thyroidectomy . I also had I-131 iodine treatment. This was in 2010. About 8 months ago I developed Sialolithiasis on the left side. Was treated with antibiotics and was taught how to massage parotid gland which has helped. Now I have developed a knot just below my submandibular gland on the right side. I was told it was a drooping of the submandibular gland due to my age which is 59. I was told this had nothing to do with my cancer or the removal of the thyroid. I have been looking up a forum to this nature which suggest otherwise. Multiple people have commented and their situation is like mine or very similar. Has there been any studies that might be a link between thyroidectomies or cancer with the salivary glands in particular the submandibular glands. I really feel uncomfortable with my situation. I have had a CT with contrast done which came back normal. Can you advise me what to do or give me your opinion.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012