History of liver transplant, Crohn's disease. Showing signs of cancer. Taken chemotherapy. Bleeding, stoma, clots. How clots come from stoma?

I am a 57 year old female who had a total proctocolectomy done Aug 30/11. I also am a liver transplant recipient (Sept 2005). I had Crohn s Disease for 12 years or so. The pathology report after my procotocolectomy showed signs of cancer in the part of the bowel that they removed. The doctors recommended I have chemotherapy (12 treatments) which I just finished in mid-June this year. I have been having problems lately with bleeding around the stoma which can be quite excessive (can fill up my ostomy bag quickly)., The blood is very red & I noticed tonight that there are blood clots in my bag. I emptied it a couple of times & the clots were in the bag both times within a one hour time frame. I managed to retrieve one of the clots from the bowl to have a good look at it & it looks like a red gel mould approximately 2 to 3 inches long & 2 inches wide! I am freaking out trying to figure out where it s coming from. I don t believe it s coming from the stoma itself. I think the bleeding is from around the stoma but can t figure out how the blood clots can come from outside the stoma! Help - I m totally freaking out!
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012