History of cysts, in armpits. Recommended US. What does it sound like?

Hi im 25 years old. History of cysts in the family. I have had them before and they have always gone away. This past year I discovered one under my armpit. I have had two different doctors look at it before telling me it is most likely a cyst. But it has been at least 7 months and it hasn't gone away. My doctor recently recommended I should get an ultrasound done to see more information. My question is why the ultra sound? I thought they would simply want to test some of the fluid or biopsy the cyst in order to find out what is going on?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013