High temperature, loss of appetite, upset stomach. Negative malaria, dengue. On Meftal Forte. Further?

About 9 days ago, my husband experienced feverishness and intermittent bouts of high temperature. After self-medication(with 4 DOLO 650mg tabs) failed, two days later, we consult one doctor who administers an injection & starts him on Meftal-Forte. My husband has no fever, that day;but from the next day,his temp. starts again oscillating between 102F & 104F. Again the doctor gives an injection & changes the paracetamol tablet to NISE.Two days pass without fever, with much fatigue though. Meanwhile his blood, urine & urine culture tests came up negative for any bacterial infection , including malaria , dengue . His WBC & platelet count were all within the normal range.Two days ago, he started getting a temperature in the evenings, which seemed to subside only after he took a tablet of NISE. We consult another doctor, do his blood tests over again. The test report is normal again, this time he s put on a course of Coristat & Galexin 250(thrice a day for 3 days).This doc insists we stick to this course(despite my questions on being prescribed an antibiotic, when this is some viral infection). My husband is also suffering from severe loss of taste&appetite, throat irritation & his stomach has started to get upset with all these medicines! He s unable to eat more than a 2-3 mouthfuls of solid food, so he has to be on fluids. He s never suffered so much fatigue. If this goes on, he ll probably need hospital admission & IV. Please tell me if the diagnosis so far has been right. How do we go about finding the underlying cause of this prolonged fever, when it seems too serious to be a one-off freak viral infection?!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013