Heavy period with chunks of blood. Have PCOS, stopped taking medication. How to control?

I have had several light periods lately, but last month my period was very heavy. Large chunks of blood that were kind of gelatinous were coming out. I just started my cycle for this month yesterday, and when I went to the bathroom, two chunks of a fleshy substance came out. It was a light pink color, but it looked like flesh. I am not in a lot of pain, and this period is heavy like the last one. I have not had unprotected sex in over a year. I actually haven t had any intercourse in over a year. I am a little late on getting my yearly pap smear , but they have always been normal. I do have PCOS , but I have come off of taking Metformin , because of a lack in insurance coverage.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012