Heavy menstrual bleeding with clots. Taking tranexamic acid tablets, bleeding reduced. Treatment?

Hi I am 19 years old and my last period was about 5 weeks ago it was really heavy and I lost a few big blood clots. I then stopped bleeding for a few days but then I started bleeding again. I have since continued to bleed so I went to see my doctor and he put me on tranexamic acid tablets in order to stop the bleeding. I have to take 2 of these tablets twice a day and I have been doing this for about 8 days now, the bleeding has reduced but everytime I wipe myself there Is blood showing on the toilet paper. What can this be? I am really worried.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012