Heavy menstrual bleeding, irregular periods. How can i prevent this?

Hello My question concerns my menstraul cyle. It has always been irregular and recently came on. Its extremly heavy. Is there a way I can stop it from being so heavy. I am asking because where I work at we have to wear khacky pants and its so heavy to the point where no pad is helping. Please help if you can. This is so embarasing :(
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Please get an evaluation for irregular and heavy cycles.
You might be having PCOD.
Get an internal exam, a pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone.
Reduce your weight if overweight.
Avoid stress.