Heavy bleeding after finishing the periods. Trying to conceive. What could be this?

Hi I am currently trying for another baby. My period arrived 28th July and was completely gone yesterday 2/8/12. I was playing with my daughter and I felt an huge gush and thought what was that. ran to the toilet and was bleeding and still bleeding on the toilet for about 10 secs....(normally my periods are stop on each month)... do you know what this means?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
The bout of blood may be a collected blood of period came out.
Some times due to uterine contractions some blood during periods remain in side may expel afterwards .
So nothing to worry .
If you have prolonged bleeding you may consult your doctor.