Heart beats hard and then subsides. Happens randomly. Caused by anxiety?

Hello. I am a 41 year old male, 6 2 and weigh 205. I have been experiencing some strange sensations in my chest during the past week-week and a half; it feels like my heart beats hard for a beat or two and then subsides. This has been happening multiple times throughout the day. It is random and there is no pain. I have had no problems with my daily routine or sleep patterns. I eat well, exercise regularly, no smoking or drinking. I had a complete work up done almost 2 years ago and everything was within normal ranges. I am wondering if it could be the result of anxiety?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013