Hearing loss in one ear, rushing sounds, ear fullness. Family history of otosclerosis. Treatment?

I have reduced hearing in one ear and that ear feels full and sometimes I hear rushing sounds in it. My mother has otosclerosis so I am concerned I have the same. I visited my doctor and explained this. She has said that it is unlikely to be otosclerosis despite my family history and despite her doing a tuning fork test which to me (having googled) would suggest conductive hearing loss in one ear. What do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013