Headaches, nausea, loose stools. Taking birth control. Viral infection. Treatment?

My sister just spent the day in the er, and they sent her home telling her she has some unknown virus and to follow up with her family physician. Her white blood count is normal, but she has an excruciating headache. She does not usually get headaches . The only med she is on is the pill . Her head hurts so bad she can hardly walk, she has nausea , and loose bowels. All they did for her was give her fluids. She is back home feeling worse than ever. She is shaky, and has a fever (she is very cold and cant get warm, even covered with several blankets.) They did no imaging at the er. They did not even send her home with any prescriptions. (no antibiotic or anti viral meds) She just got back from a trip to NY city 5days ago. Any thoughts or additional tests you would suggest?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012