Headache, night sweats, CT scan shows sinus infection, red plaques on skin. Any ideas?

My mother-in-law is 76 years old, she has been suffering from headaches for over 3 months. She also has night sweats . She had a CT scan done and all her sinuses are badly infected . She has been on steriods and antibiotics for them and has been seen by an ENT specialist who has blown out the easier to reach sinuses. She still has the headaches, she also gets red plaques on her skin for no reason and then they go away. The specialist seems to think she has allergies and will test her next week with a special allergy test that is subcutaneous instead of the pricks on the surface of the skin. She has had several stents put in her heart several years ago and her breathing is not as good as it could be be other than that she is good. I am not convinced that it is allergies. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012