Headache, heaviness, throbbing, giddiness, nausea. What do you think?

I have experienced headaches since last year but the frequency has increased from being once every few months to a few times per day and there is this persistent heaviness and uncomfortable throbbing feeling at the front of my head. I also feel giddy and nausea but my doctor wants me to see a specialist. Is it really just a passing headache or should I go along with what he says. It may just be to suck money out of patients and I don't want to waste money if he is just exaggerating. What do you think?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013