Head injury, large lump on head, broken skin. Icing it. Further treatment required?

Hello, I am 34 years old. female. I was loading a heavy box full of files on a hand truck and dropped it. While I was bent over, the top of the metal hand truck came forward suddenly and hit the top of my head pretty hard. I have a goose egg and I have been putting some ice on it. I do not have any other symptoms besides a sore spot where the bump is, it looks like it broke the skin a little bit. I am just wondering if I should get it check out or just wait to see if it goes down?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012