Head gets heated up on laying down, icepacks helps, also skin gets cold. What could be causing this?

For the last few days whenever I lean or lay down on my back my upper back and back of head starts to heat up. It gets so hot that I can't sleep or stay in that position too long. My head feels like I have a fever but I don't. Using icepacks helps a little. Although my skin gets cold I can still feel the heat underneath. What could be causing this? For many years the back of my head does get hot if I lay facing up. But if I tilt my head a little to one side or other the heat dissipates. But now my upper back is hot too and only relief is if I sleep on my sides or get up.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013