Head bumped on car roof. Felt dizzy, tension headaches, heart palpitation, anxiety attacks. Worried?

24/Female I bumped my head on the roof of a car when sitting at the back in a very cramped position, it was not very painful upon contact, but because the bump on the road was quite big and the space was very cramped, I felt when my head bumped the roof, it had nowhere to go so had to be pressed upwards, and hence my neck is pressed towards the roof as well, if that makes sense. No loss of consciousness or discernible pain afterwards, either in head or around neck, though I was very panicked thinking I might have injured my head/neck. I ve had some abdominal discomfort later and felt slightly dizzy but that can easily be caused by carsickness (I was travelling on a mountainous terrain so lots of twists and turns). No headache or tender spots on the head or around the neck, the neck doesn t hurt when I move around but I do feel some sort of tension like the onset of a tension headache, but not quite pain. Mainly I ve had palpitations and my heart raced like crazy for a couple of hours on and off, with many waves of anxiety attacks because I could not be certain whether I ve caused any injury or not. I feel quite shaken because of all the horror stories I ve heard about head injuries and impact manifesting later. I m quite an anxious person but not enough to be diagnosed with anxiety disorder. Do you think I should worry about this incident, or are my pounding heart and other symptoms (abdominal pain, feeling shaken up) really a result of anxiety? It has been about six hours since the bump. Do I need to be on lookout for the next couple of days, or can I let it go? Will my neck be injured due to the nature of the bump? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013