Having withdrawal symptoms of Sertraline. Affecting concentration. Should I continue medication for anxiety?

Hi there, I was prescribed 50mg of Sertraline a day 6 months for anxuety. I was going through a really hard stage of changing jobs/moving house and for some reason I couldnt seem to cope and the symptons I were describing were anxiety . I now feel like I am more on a level and in a better place to cope on my own so I have decided not to take the sertraline now for about 5 days. If I am honest the sertraline was amazing in the terms that I could get up and get on with my life but it did make me feel slightly strange, sleeping with vivid dreams, teeth chattering and just a general feeling of being disconnected. The reason I decided not to take it is that sometimes I had missed a day/two and for those days I just felt so much more normal. Anyway I have been reading up about suddenly stop taking sertraline and the withdrawel symptons dont sound great ie the electric shock feeling through the body but what is important for me to know is am i risking going back to the anxiety because honestly the side effects do not way the general anxiety I was feeling. Right now I feel ok, slightly grumpy and lazy iwth the sudden shock feeling occasionally but surely its getting out my system now? I know that not taking it it is definately having effect on my concentration ect so I just wondered what you think and whether I should take one every three days or something?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012