Having stomach pain, blood in stool. History of carcinoid tumor. What could it be?

Hi I have recently in the past few weeks been getting really bad stomach pains after I eat anything, I can be really hungry and eat the smallest amount and still get a pain in the stomach and need to go to the toliet, I have also had some blood in my stool . I had a carcinoid Tumor in my appendix nearly two years ago and was wondering if it has come back or is there something else it could be
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe you had bad stomach pain after eating anything, and an urge to go to stools, and there is blood in stools. There is a history of carcinoid tumour, of iliocecal junction.
It appears to be irritable bowel syndrome , or amoebic colitis for which it is to be treated now. If there is no responce, you have to consult a gastro enterologist for screening about the relapse of the cancer.
First you consult a physician for treatment of commen causes.
I advise you to follow some diet recommendations as avoid taking more of spices, junk foods, and oily foods, to minimise the irritation to the gut.
Wishing for a quick recovery.
Best regards.

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You should see your Gastro-enterologist.

Red blood is from the rectum or colon - may be simple haemorrhoids or a serious issue / green or black is from places higher up / any bleeding needs thorough investigation to locate the source.
Frequent checking of haemoglobin is necessary, to ensure the bleeding does not continue.
You may need Upper and Lower G I Endoscopy.
CT abdomen and pelvis / hormone levels should be done - in view of the history of carcinoid..

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck