Having sore eyes. Using Vaseline. Swollen and crusty eyelids. How to get cured?

I have h ad very sore eyes for several weeks, they weep and make the inner corners and outer corners sore, I put vaseline on them every night, as sometimes they are crusty when I wake up, also the lids swell up making my lids overhang my eyes I wear glasses all the time. If I dont put the vaseline on they are veery dry in the mornings I am 69 Ii had a piece taken off my thyroid ten years ago becasue of a lump which was not a malignant lump. Otherwise reasonably well.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012