Having slight chest pain. Taking nexium thinking its GERD. Suspect as spasms of esophagus. Suggest?

I suspect I have spasms of the esophagus . This was suggested by my GI doctor. I just met with my cardiologist who has ruled out heart. Now I am trying to determine best way to treat or mitigate these spasms. I am on nexium thinking the pain has come from GERD but I don t really have classic gerd symptoms. I have had slight chest pain or discomfort for 12 years, am 63 and have had 2 esophagus scopes within last 10 years, last one in 2009, both negative. This condition seems to come and go for no reason. When it starts, it can last for days or just hours. I am otherwise healthy, don t smoke, exercise and watch my weight. I am 5 11 and weigh 178. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013