Having seizures. Taking depakote 1250mg switched to keppra er 1000mg. Will it cause side effect?

My 19 year old son is currently on depakote er 1250mg for tonic clonic seizures . He has been on them for six months . He was diagnosed in September 2012. His neurologist has just switched him to Keppra er 1000 mg. The switch was due to the side effects on the liver long term. Also his valporic level was 91. My concern is about the weaning off of depakote while giving him the keppra . Im concerned about seizures occuring while I slowly decrease depakote and add keppra . Also, very concerned about the side effects of keppra.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013