Having scars because of eczema. Will natural sun tanning help?

When I was about 12-years-old i started getting eczema . I would get it on my hands and legs and I would constantly scratch the ones on my legs. They would start to bleed a bit then scab and I would still scratch at them sometimes. I am now 15-years-old and my eczema is gone on my legs but i have various scars all over my legs. They are darker than my skin because I am self-conscious about my legs now and never wear shorts. I am wondering: will natural sun tanning help so that the scars will blend in with my skin? Or will tanning make the scars darker as well?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012