Having problems with period, painful cramps, bleeding very light. Is it beginning of menopause?

Hi, I am having problems with my period. Normally i am pretty on time and normal. I had my period January normal, fairly heavy with some clotting and period pain for a few days, lasted about 5 days, fairly normal. One week later, period started again, heavy and clotting and period pain for a few days, lasted about 7 days. Two weeks later period started, very light, very painful cramps , no clotting, currently on day 6. I also suffer from excessive sweating, occasional hot flushes, can get quite depressed easily and then ok the next day. I had a Pap smear in November and all was clear, but I did start to bleed directly after the pap and I wasn t due until the following week. Could I be at the beginning of menopause? I am 45 and slightly over weight. Karen
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013