Having pain during stool passing. Diagnosed as anal fissure. Reappears after stopping medicine. Should I go for surgery?

hi doctor i m having extreme pain during stool passing .i saw an extended part inside anu. i went to a surgeon he told its an anal fissure .he told me to apply diltiazem cream and to hv a sitz bath.after three days i wz after fifteen days again i again noticed an extended part inside my anus and severe pain during stool passing.i went to d same doctor nd he gave me same was okay but after 10days again pain started bt this time there was no extended part just pain nd i went to d same doctor nw he is telling me to have a surgery.what it is exactly.i m having severe pain while defaection.please help
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012