Having irregular periods with prolonged bleeding. Under thyroxine medication. Need treatment or normal?

I am 42 year old. There was never any problem in my cycle which was 28+/- 2 days., till January 2012. After that when I missed period for about 50 days , I approached a gynecologist who advised to wait for another 20 days and prescribed tab. modus 10. I was also suffering from hypothyroidism and was under medication with thyroxine 25 mg. After reexamination as per the advice of gynecologist subsequently the strength of Thyroxine increased to 50 mg. Since then it was almost normal upto August when I had a prolonged period for about 17 days before I approached another gynecologist at Lucknow ( due to transfer from Chandigarh). I was prescribed trapic 500 for 2 days and registran for 15 days. The ultrasound report suggested bulky uterus and thickening of endometrial echoes and PID. Doctor prescribed Dxy for 10 days. Subsequently for about 4/5 months not much problem was there but again problem of prolonged as well as profuse bleeding started when I had peiod on 09 February. I approached for Homeopathic system of treatment. However bleeding continued for about 28 days.
The USG report on March 16 revealed bulky uterus and cervix but myometrial and endometrial echoes are normal. I have period on 10 April 2013 and not only bleeding continues till today but there is profuse bleeding which I never experienced earlier. Thyroid test report on 16 March 2013 show normal TSH under 50 mg thyroxine medication.
I eagerly look for some useful expert advice
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013