Having irregular periods, periods with heavy bleeding, blood clots seen. Anything wrong?

Hi, I have had my period since I was 12. They have always been regular. I am now 17 years old. I was on the depo shot for three months and then got off of it 6 months ago. I was expecting my period in December. However it was a month late. Now i have been on my period for three weeks and I have blood clots and heavy bleeding . The blod clots are not quarter size but they are fairly large. Could anything be wrong with me or is this normal?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013