Having hot sweats and cold chills. Could this be due to thyroid problem?

I m experiencing hot sweats then cold chills on a off, especially in the morning. I have intense goosebumps. My nipples are hard and they hurt a bit to touch. I get so hot that I sweat all over my body and then that sweat becomes very cold soon after. I m a 31 year old male. I don t feel well either, somewhat depressed. My girlfriend is experiencing many of the same symptoms as I. Could this be a thyroid issue or something else?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012