Having genetically soft bone. Lost nose cartilage. Auto immune disease eating away cartilage?

my 30 year old daughter has a genetically soft bone ( osteopenia ). In the last one year she has gradually lost the cartilage at the tip of her nose . So the shape of her nose is changed showing that she has just a piece of flesh there instead of shaped cartilage. She is very concerned about it and about losing more of the cartilage in time. What has caused it and is there any prevention and cure for it. Can it be an auto-immune disease that eats away cartilage? Please help. My name is Bouzar and have email: YYYY@YYYY God Bless you,
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013