Having general neck soreness, bump in the rear neck. Hurts to move head. What could it be?

hi, im a 17 year old male and for the past about month now i have had general neck soreness. i noticed a bump on my rear right neck. right below my hairline. its not very big. but sometimes it bigger and sometimes its smaller i think. it hard to tell. whenever i move my neck either to left of right it hurts like it would after you sleep on it the wrong way. like torticollis , which i had about 6 months ago. im not sure if this could just be a lymph node or something more serious. or even something like just a simple muscle knot. there is no pain when pressure if applied to the bump.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012