Having frozen shoulder. Prescribed medicines. Taking Metformin for diabetes. Does steroids increase sugar levels?

I have a frozen shoulder and have been prescribed DEFCORT 30 once a day alongwith Glycomet SR 1000. The other medicines are Sammy 400, Sanglum, Ace Proxyvon, Razo 20 and Glycomet SR. I have Diabetes HbA1C 7.2. Fasting 142 PP 175. I take Metformin 1000 mg for past 3 years. Please advise if it is OK to take DEFCORT 30. I believe it is a steroid ? Will it increase my sugar levels ? Rajeev
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013