Having extra long period with dark blood, what is going on ?

My period has not been normal in the past, and was on birth control for over 6 years. I stopped taking birth control about six months ago and my period has been regular and on time for the last five months. However, this month my period has lasted almost two weeks and has been very light but has a dark brown color to it. What is wrong with me ?
Asked On : Thu, 20 May 2010

I guess you need a check up if it continues ,so dont worry.Sometimes one get this problem so not to worry ,but do visit the doctor as the brown colour discharge is not good...........