Dark brown blood, painful nipples. What is going on?

Hi This may seem like a trivial query, but it s never ever happened before. My period was, as usual, on time but it s been a dark brown colour and has lasted only a day followed by a small amount of spotting. I ve also got very painful nipples that I d go as far as to say hurt. It s never happened before so I m a bit concerned.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears to be the result of anemia, or infection, these can cause any changes in the periods.
I advise you to consult a gynecologist for diagnosis and treatment to prevent the continuation of the infection.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to have a good health by all means.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.