Having a lazy eye with 60% vision. Having a retinal hole, treated with prophylactic laser, advised for lens replacement surgery. Will surgery be effective?

hi am 23 yrs old and i ve lazy eye in my left eye. my specificatns r as follows Right Eye - SPH -6, CYL -0.5, AXIS 180, VA - 6/6 . Left Eye - CYL -4.0, AXIS 140, VA - 6/24.I ve oly 60% vision in my left eye. My doctor examined me of having retinal hole in the left eye and treated with Prophylactic laser recently. I m advised now to undergo a Lens replacement surgery after two weeks. He also says there are signs of mild under development of the internal eye . The very fact makes me sick . Will the surgery be effective. pl. give me a suggestion.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012