Have type 2 diabetes, congestive heart failure. Tested creatinine, micro-albumin. What do they denote?

I am a 63 year old male, 5' 10" and weigh 250 pounds. I have had type 2 diabetes for 9 years and have congestive heart failure.

My Urine Microalbumin has recently been tested at 315.9 mg/l, creatine is 0.89 mc/dl and my Microalbumin/Creatine ratio is 213.9 mg/g.

How bad are these numbers? Should I be very concerned? What can I do to correct it?

Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Your numbers are really bad and they are definitely a cause for concern.
MICROALBUMINARIA is the stage when 24 hour urine protein levels are between 30- 300 mg of albumin / 24 hours and it is supposed to be a potentially reversible stage.
Levels above 300 mg albumin/ 24 hours are called as overt proteinuria and it is a state of diabetic nephropathy.
It is said that average time period from the development of overt proteinuria to end stage renal failure is 5 years.
Do's for you....
....Meticulous  control of blood sugar levels and hypertension.
.....Avoidance of nephrotoxic drugs like pain killers.
.....Prompt control of urinary tract infection
....Low protein and low potassium diet( avoid milk,meat,pulses,citrus fruits,coconut water etc 
....You should be given ACE inhibitors as these will delay the onset of end stage renal failure. should be jointly managed by a nephrologist,diabetologist and a cardiologist. should be put on injection insulin and oral anti diabetics are avoided.
I hope it helps.