Have suprapubic catheter. Pus on dressing, fever. Should I be concerned?

My husband had a suprapubic cathaer put in on Jan 23rd, yesterday he had alot of pus on the dressing around the site. he went into the dr office, nurse looked at it and sent off dressing for analysis..this morning he had even more pus and has temp of 99.6. called the dr office, dr not in, main nurse not in, was told that this discharge is normal because cath is foreign them if site is red and bleeding ...I am concerned..should I be?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013