Have spots on vaginal lips, itchy, told ingrown hair. Have contracted genital herpes. What is it?

I first started with 3 tiny spots on my left hand side of my vaginal lips. I squeezed one which bled and i then got another spot/bump directly on the otherside where it touched the other lip. The initial spots went within a week and a half, but I went to get checked out and the Dr just thought it was an ingrown hair. Within the past week 2 more spot like things have appeared. I experienced a bit of itching after the first spots had appeared, however I think this might have had something to do with how often I was touching it. I'm worried I may have contracted genital herpes, but I haven't had any of the symptoms most internet sites have spoken about. What else could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013