Have sore vagina, bump before periods, itchy, concerned about hsv2. What is it?

I'm waiting for my dr appt next week but I'm nervous. i have a sore on the upper portion of my vagina. its not on my clitoris but it is above on the ridge of the pubic hairs. I've been concerned its hsv2. I'm getting this one bump every month for about 3 days right before i start my period. there's no puss. it can sometimes be itchy during its last day. its not painful unless i irritate it. I'm just curious...are there other possibilities of what it is?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013