Have sore throat after oral sex. Is oral sex reason for the sore throat?

So... I gave my boyfriend oral sex for the first time the other day. Probably around 3 days later I started noticing my throat felt weird- I thought I was getting a cold. I woke up this morning and it was a lot worse. It isn't a regular sore throat though. Theres this big white thing on my right tonsil, and thats the only thing that hurts. And it only hurts when I swallow. I went to the doctor today when I noticdd it was bothering me more, and he said it was strep. But now that I think of it, could it have anything to do with the oral sex? I've had this happen before and have been sexually active before this relationship.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013