Have sharp nerve like pain in outer calf , took acupuncture by physic, no relief. What can be done?

I have a sharp nerve like pain in my outer calf - it s so sharp if I apply pressure or locate it that it makes me flinch. I have had it for a few years and its not getting any better. Have sought help from doctor and got referred to the nhs physio who didn t really seem to give any answers other than it could be compartmental syndrome . I was given som acupuncture by this physio who said they were accessing the trigger points. This was exscruitiating! And didn t produce any results. I would like to get the right diagnosis. I did have a scan which at first the person doing the scan thought they could see some fluid but were not sure so it came back inconclusive. I am active and fit for my age 51 and feel there must be an answer or solution - I just need to find someone who knows what it is!
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013