Had bursitis after fall. Swollen forearm and hand. Applied ice. Should I be concerned?

I had bursitis . I fell on my elbow 14 days ago. The injury broke the skin and I bled for 3-4 days and wept a clear fluid for several more days. It appeared to be healing when suddently one eveing (after swimming and lift some weights), my elbow swelled with infection. It has been removed and I am on strong antibiotiantibiotics. My forearm and especially my hand is very swollen. I have tried to ice it, rub it, and move it around some. I elevate it when I can. Should I be concerned about the swelling (the wound itself looks like it is healing normally).?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012