Have renal failure. Now pneumonia, difficulty sleeping, tiredness. Life expectancy?

Hello, my father is 92 suffering from renal failure . His specialist said his kidneys were at 4% when we saw him three weeks ago. He was admitted to hospital yesterday with pneumonia and has not been very good for a week or more. Difficulty sleeping, feeling very tired. I am away on holidays and am concerned that he has reached a time when he is dying. I need to know whether I should return to Sydney from the far north coast. I will phone the hospital today but throught a Nephrologist may be able to advise me. Regards Leigh
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012