Have red rash in crease of arm in winter.Skin gets smoother after healing. Reason?

Dear doctor, I have a question that is skin related. Every year around winter time, I develop a small red rash in the crease of my one arm. It is always the same arm and never happens to the other one. The size, shape, color and itchiness of the rash changes, but it never completely goes away. When it does heal up a little bit, the skin is smoother than the rest of my skin and a slightly different color. The rash seems to worsen if I sleep with my arm closed at night, It can get really big and itchy and red or it will be pink and scaly. I am wondering if you can tell me what this is. Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013