Have pain in hip. MRI shows Ulcer on Lambrum. To have key hole surgery. Advice?

hi i wonder if you can help me. please excuse my righting as i am dyslexic. i am a 22 year old female with a british bmi of 36 (i have lost 2 stone and am still going). about 3 years ago i started to get a painful popping in my hip, that has slowly got worse and worse, now just walking around the house i am in agony i am taking tramadol and buprenorphine for pain with little benefits. the popping is easily heard by other people, and happens on when i straighten my leg, as well as with nearly every step. i recently had an arthroscopy and an MRI, the results wernt very clear but show as my doctor described it, an ulcer on my labrum, i am waiting to go for an anesthetic injection into my hip joint to check that the pain is coming from inside my hip joint. i think it is as no matter where i touch on my hip it dosnt affect the pain and im very flexible an this dosnt feel like a muscular pain and i dont have any tightness as such. my doctor said that if the injection leaves me pain free for 6 hours, then i am to have key hole surgery. what is the difference between a labral ulcer and a tear, also iam looking at a further 3 months before the anesthetic test, what else can i do for the pain im at my witts end. any help is greatly apreciated. thank you jess smith
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013