Have mirena fitted. Have bleeding and cramping now. Had been taking northisterone. What is the remedy?

I have a mirena fitted 9 months ago, for constant heavy periods. It hadn't made any difference. I had a previous one for 6 years which worked like magic and I was period free for most of those 6 years. Now I have been prescribed northisterone which I have been taking for two months, with a break in between as I am waiting for an ultrasound to check if the mirena is ok, as its not helped as before. The problem us, I've started cramping and bleeding while taking northisterone! Will it stop? I also have transexamic acid to take, will this help stop the bleeding. I don't want the ultrasound cancelled because of the bleeding and I'm sick of this bleeding more than not. Can you advise please? Mandy
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013