Have irregular periods, scan showed ovarian cyst. Is there something wrong?

hi there. m 23 years old and my period is always irregular. sometimes i have it twice in a month and other times i dont get it for upto 3 months. m a healthy female, 162cm tall and weigh 57kg. have no other health problems and this issue is not affecting any other female in my family. i had a scan done in 2010 and it showed a ovarian cyst of 2.5 by 2.25cm and the doc advised me that its not serious and put me on contraceptive pills (combined) for 2 months and during that time all was normal until i stopped the pills. is there something wrong or will it get better. thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012