Have heavy bleeding after slimline copper IUD fitted. Normal or remove?

Hi, I had a TT380 Slimline copper iud fitted three weeks ago and have been bleeding quite heavily ever since. Is this normal? Will it ever stop? I am 37, height 5ft 5in, weight 10st 3pounds (not normal weight had first baby almost 5mths ago I am in the process of losing weight). I am in no pain just bleeding lots and not passing any clots. Any advice? Is it not suitable for me? Should I have it removed? Also due to have period next week.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013