Had copper-T IUD. Vaginal examination shows missing threads. Should IUD be removed?

Hello Dr, Iam Shifana,25yrs old.I had a Copper-T IUD 2.5yrs ago.I went a vaginal examination of IUD yesterday. The thread of IUD was missing. The Dr requested to undergo an X-ray to check the IUD presence. After examination,found the IUD s presence without threads in the correct position and advised to continue having the IUD. But while removing,how can it be done without threads and how will they locate the IUD.The Dr who examined is an Oncologist . So she had no idea of removal process.Can you please state about this case.Can i continue having or remove IUD? How will you remove?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012